Head of IB/GIB Diploma Program at GESM The German European School Manila (GESM) is looking for qualified candidates to lead its IB/Mixed language IB (GIB) Senior High School Programme. The position holder will be a member of GESM’s Senior Management Team.
Arbeitgeber: German European School Manila
- Erziehung und Bildung
- Better Living, Paranaque
- Laufbahn / Entgeltgruppe
Christoph-Boris Frank, Martin Gabel, Selina Thomas
Hinweis: service.bund.de ist nur die Veröffentlichungsplattform für Stellenangebote, die Verantwortung für Inhalt und Richtigkeit der einzelnen Angebote (und somit auch für die Dauer der Veröffentlichung, die vorzeitige Beendigung derselben, für die Angabe von Veröffentlichungsdaten und Bewerbungsfristen) obliegt ausschließlich der jeweils ausschreibenden Organisation. Verwenden Sie daher bitte ausschließlich die Kontaktdaten der ausschreibenden Institution aus dem Stellenangebot, wenn Sie:
- eine inhaltliche Frage oder Anmerkung zu einem Stellenangebot haben
- oder sich für die ausgeschriebene Stelle bewerben möchten
Direction and Organization of all processes of the IB/GIB Diploma Programme.
This includes in particular:
• Be a member of the Senior Management Team Actively promoting and communicating the pedagogical goals of the IB diploma • Developing strategies to strengthen and expand the programme (together with head of school and board of directors) • Providing all relevant IB documents and information • Drawing up and adjusting the choice of courses on offer • Planning of the budget (together with head of administration) • Control over payments to the IBO (together with head of administration) • Hiring of IBDP teaching staff (together with head of school) • Preparing the distribution of teaching assignments • Scheduling of IBDP courses • Controlling of the curriculum and the quality of teaching (together with the head of school) • Preparing the yearly calendar, scheduling of deadlines and events • Admission of new students (together with head of school) • Controlling IB formal requirements/deadlines • Planning and administering of mock exams • Planning and administering of written final exams • Communication of results and distribution of documents • Regular reporting to head of school • Reporting to the board of directors (attending monthly board meetings) • Regularly reviewing and updating IB/GESM policies (i.e. Academic Honesty Policy, Assessment Policy, Admissions policy, etc.) together with the various stakeholders’ feedback
Cooperation with IBO:
• Registering students with the IBO • Managing mail traffic with the IBO: mailing exam papers, internal assessment etc. • Sending forms to the IBO • Knowledge of essential IB documents (particularly DP Assessment Procedures) • Relaying questions to the IB Answers • Applying for Enquiries Upon Results (EUR) • Coordinating and registering of teachers for IB workshops • Coordination and administration of the 5-year review • Ensuring that all IBO requirements are met and that GESM is fully up to date with any accreditation requirements of IBO.
Supporting and enhancing the GIB program:
• Ensure smooth introduction of additional subjects into the current mixed language IB program which is offered in English (3 subjects) and German (3 subjects) • Correspond and communicate with German authorities on the GIB program • Act as a focal point for inquiries on the GIB • Be able to explain the merits of the GIB for students that choose to study in a German-speaking environmentspeaking environment
• Native equivalent English language skills. • It is considered an asset if the position holder is conversant with the German education system and has strong German language skills. • Track record in leadership/management plus teaching experience in an IB(/GIB) environment. • Perseverance • Interest in working in a multicultural setting. • Identification with the vision and mission of GESM • Team player • Commitment to engage with and lead school development activities. • Commitment to increase the number of graduates in the German language diploma courses and in GIB.
GESM offers an attractive remuneration package including relocation, housing, insurance and functional allowances. GESM is supportive of continuous professional development of its staff and is supporting inservice training on relevant topics.
Start of work: 1. August 2019
Initial appointment will be on a two-year fixed contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your recent CV (max. 3 pages) and a motivation letter (max. 2 pages), stating why you qualify for the position and why you are motivated to work with GESM.
Application deadline is 20 January 2019.
If you have questions about GESM or the position, please direct these to
- Mr. Christoph-Boris Frank, Head of School (email@example.com),
- Mr. Martin Gabel, Deputy Head of School (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- as well as to GESM's HR manager, Ms. Selina Thomas (email@example.com).