Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin/Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Arbeitgeber: Universität Bielefeld
Hinweis: service.bund.de ist nur die Veröffentlichungsplattform für Stellenangebote, die Verantwortung für Inhalt und Richtigkeit der einzelnen Angebote (und somit auch für die Dauer der Veröffentlichung, die vorzeitige Beendigung derselben, für die Angabe von Veröffentlichungsdaten und Bewerbungsfristen) obliegt ausschließlich der jeweils ausschreibenden Organisation. Verwenden Sie daher bitte ausschließlich die Kontaktdaten der ausschreibenden Institution aus dem Stellenangebot, wenn Sie:
- eine inhaltliche Frage oder Anmerkung zu einem Stellenangebot haben
- oder sich für die ausgeschriebene Stelle bewerben möchten
The Faculty of Biology offers a full-time
starting on December 1st, 2018
(E13 TV-L, non-permanent position)
The PhD candidate will focus her/his research on the investigation of signal transduction mechanisms under inflammatory conditions using a transgenic mouse reporter for NF-kB to assess cellular stress using high-speed live-cell super-resolution microscopy. She/He will also utilize 2-photon, high speed super-resolution microscopy and microfluidic perfusion of liver slices, to assess NF-kB inflammation markers in liver tissue under environmental control and environmental stress in close collaboration with partners from within our network. The candidate will benefit from training programs organized by partners of the DeLIVER network, providing PhD students with broad competences, experience, and skills in cutting-edge interdisciplinary research related to cutting edge optical methods and biomedicine. The project involves a series of secondments to academic and industrial partners in the United Kingdom and Norway.
For detailed information please refer to: https://ec.europa.eu/info/education/study-or-teach-abroad_en
- university degree or equivalent in biology
- experience in molecular biology, immunology, inflammation, cell biology, molecular cloning with fluorescent protein fusions
- experience with molecular biology of gene regulation, especially NF-kB
- experience in fluorescence microscopy, ideally super-resolved structured illumination microscopy
- experience in time-lapse microscopy of living cells
- excellent knowledge of English (written and oral)
- ability to communicate and to work in a team
- good organisational and communication skills
- independent, self-reliant, and dedicated style of work
Eligibility criteria of ESR positions:
- by the time of recruitment by the host organization, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than twelve months in the last three years. Times of military, short stays, such as holidays, as well as times that have been required to achieve refugee status under the Geneva Convention, are not included
- by the time of recruitment by the host organization, candidates must not have received a doctorate or equivalent
- by the time of recruitment by the host organization, candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research career. Full-time research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which formally entitled him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged
For further information see: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2016_2017/main/h2020-wp1617-msca_en.pdf).
Salary will be paid according to Remuneration level 13 of the Wage Agreement for Public Service in the Federal States (TV-L). As stipulated in § 2 (1) sentence 1 of the WissZeitVG (fixed-term employment), the contract will end after 3 years. In accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases. The employment is designed to encourage further academic qualification. The position is advertised as a fulltime job. In principle, this full-time position may be changed into a part-time position, as long as this does not conflict with official needs.
Bielefeld University is particularly committed to equal opportunities and the career development of its employees. It offers attractive internal and external training and further training programmes. Employees have the opportunity to use a variety of health, counselling, and prevention programmes. Bielefeld University places great importance on a work–family balance for all its employees.
For full consideration, your application should be received via either post or email (a single PDF) document sent to email@example.com by the 24 th of October 2018. Please mark your application with the identification code: wiss18217. Please do not use application portfolios and send only photocopies of original documents because all application materials will be destroyed at the end of the selection procedure. Further information on Bielefeld University can be found on our homepage at www.uni-bielefeld.de.
Fakultät für Biologie - Bio 5/Zellbiologie
Postfach 10 01 31
Name: Prof. Dr. Christian Kaltschmidt
Phone: (+49) 521 106-5625
Name: Chris Blechschmidt
Phone: (+49) 521 106-5797