Junior Software developer (Softwareentwickler*in)
Arbeitgeber: Berliner Institut für Gesundheitsforschung | Berlin Institute of Health (BIH)
Hinweis: service.bund.de ist nur die Veröffentlichungsplattform für Stellenangebote, die Verantwortung für Inhalt und Richtigkeit der einzelnen Angebote (und somit auch für die Dauer der Veröffentlichung, die vorzeitige Beendigung derselben, für die Angabe von Veröffentlichungsdaten und Bewerbungsfristen) obliegt ausschließlich der jeweils ausschreibenden Organisation. Verwenden Sie daher bitte ausschließlich die Kontaktdaten der ausschreibenden Institution aus dem Stellenangebot, wenn Sie:
- eine inhaltliche Frage oder Anmerkung zu einem Stellenangebot haben
- oder sich für die ausgeschriebene Stelle bewerben möchten
The Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) combines the excellence of its independent member entities: Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin and Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association. BIH applies translational research and precision medicine to enhance the scientific exchange between biomedical basic research, clinical research, and clinical application. BIH supports new scientific developments and promotes technological developments for new diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive approaches for medicine and public health.
The BIH is looking for the duration of initially 6 months
Junior Software developer
The position is located at Berlin Health Innovations, the joint technology transfer unit of Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) and the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin one of the largest university hospitals in Europe. The task of Berlin Health Innovations is the systemtic translation of scientific research into market and application.
You will be a leading part of a young development team that will be working on a platform solution for healthcare systems in underdeveloped countries and is preparing to execute the marketing in a start-up company. You will work within an interdisciplinary team in close cooperation with colleagues (researchers/clinicians) from the Charité as well as a the local team (Madagascar).
- Write and test high quality code
- Independent processing of development tasks (tickets)
- Participation in the planning and further development of the software product
- Successfully completed academic studies, preferably in Computer Science or related subjects or proven professional experience
- At least 2 years experience in software engineering
- Entrepreneurship focused
- High level of communication and teamwork skills, high resilience
- Goal- and solution-oriented, systematic and independent way of working
- Excellent technical and analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent expertise with at least one of the following languages and tools: SQL, Ruby on Rails, Go, Scala, Spark, Python, VueJS, Java, Android, Docker, Elixir, Erlang, AWS, Terraform, Chef, Nginx
- Experience in the telecommunications sector with GSM/USSD applications an advantage
- Experience with rotten-tolerant distributed systems in Elixir/Erlang an advantage
- Experience in the financial sector is at best advantageous with mobile money systems
- Experience in an international team and remote teams is an advantage
- Very good command of English
- French and/or Madagascan would be an advantage
What we offer:
- An extremely interesting and varied job at the interface between science, administration and politics
- Grouping takes place under consideration of personal requirements analogous to the higher service according to the TVöD Bund (East)
- A full-time job for an expected 6 months (39 hours/week)
- Good opportunities for further training and development and plenty of room for your own design ideas
We actively promote equality of all employees. We therefore welcome applications from women and men, regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, belief, disability or sexual orientation. Applicants with a disability (or legally equivalent) are given preferred consideration if equally qualified.
To apply, please email a cover letter (incl. your motivation for joining the lab), a statement of research interests, your CV (both in English), contact address of at least two professional referees, transcripts and certificates of your degrees indicating BHI-22/2018 in the subject line to email@example.com. Please submit your application as one file, maximum size 8 Mb. The application deadline is August 26th, 2018.
For enquiries about the position please contact the HR department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on the BIH can be found at www.bihealth.org.